Monday, March 29, 2010

Music Monday: Kings of Leon - Only By the Night

Okay, so I'm not all indie and cool, so I wasn't a KoL fan before hearing this album, and I haven't gone back and listened to their earlier stuff. However, that doesn't change the fact that I consider this album the best album of the past 3 or 4 years that I've listened to. Nearly every song has a catchy hook and the songs go together wonderfully to create a unified tone for the whole album.

If you haven't heard "Use Somebody" in the past year, its possible you've been living under a rock, and I'd argue that it might be the best song on the album, but they're all great. There aren't a ton of albums where I can push play and listen to them all the way through, but this is one of them. My faves (besides "Use Somebody")are: Closer, Revelry, and Cold Desert.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment