Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St Patrick's Day!

In honor of the holiday, I thought I'd share a few of my pictures from my study abroad experience in Ireland!

Here's the pub where I spent most of my time when I wasn't in class. The English translation is The Kitchen.



This is the National University of Ireland at Galway, the first place I went to after the airport. Beautiful introduction to the country.



The beach at Spiddal:



Kylemore Abbey:



Killary, site of the only fjord in Ireland. I thought it was such a quintessential little village:



I had the pleasure of getting to go to Croagh Patrick for Reek Sunday, an annual pilgrimage up the mountain. The number of people climbing the mountain was staggering, and many of them were climbing barefoot. I didn't make it all the way up, but I had a great time people watching.




Hope everyone enjoys the holiday!

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! And I'm sure pictures do it no justice. That's so cool that you got to go there :D

    ReplyDelete