Monday, July 19, 2010

Take Another Shot of Courage...

I finally finished my first pair of toe up socks!

Ravelry project here. The pattern is a combination of Gusset Heel Basic Sock and Dead Simple Lace Socks from Wendy Johnson's Socks from the Toe Up. Yarn is Red Heart Ltd. Heart & Sole in Tequila Sunrise. Needles: KP Harmony fixed 0 circs.

I cast these socks on back in December in the LR airport as I was heading to Indianapolis for the annual SKT Extravaganza, but they kept getting put on the back-burner in favor of other, more exciting projects. However, when the circular for my Gabriel's Wings shawl got confiscated in the Cancun airport recently, I decided to try to finish up some WIPs while I waited on a new needle to come in from KnitPicks. These socks were all done except a couple lace rounds and the 1x1 ribbing cuff.

Now I really suck at photographing my knitting, so imagine that these socks are really pretty.  My circ has come in from KP (along with the kit for the Fall/Winter Seasons shawl), so I'm back to working on Gabriel's Wings.

Tomorrow: More Awkward Polar Bears & Awesome Mancandy!

No comments:

Post a Comment