Thursday, January 8, 2009

Starbucks and Socks

I'm learning to knit socks two at a time on one long circular needle! The technique comes from the book 2 At a Time Socks. Its going well so far. I successfully did the cast on and I'm almost done with the cuffs. Basically, its the magic loop technique with a twist to get two socks on the needle.

Here's what it looks like:
This will be a pair of toddler socks when they are done. After I finish these, I'll attempt a pair of plain adult socks using this technique. I placed a huge order to Knitpicks yesterday to get appropriate needles for sock yarn and some interchangeable circular needles to knitting mitts and things using magic loop. I'm very excited to get the package in!

Today's random observation: Starbucks rocks at naming things. I ordered a drink this morning called a London Fog Tea Latte. Now really, its just Earl Grey tea with milk in it. But they call it something fancy and charge $4. I'm sure if I went to London and ordered Earl Grey with milk, they certainly wouldn't call it a latte!

No comments:

Post a Comment