Friday, April 22, 2011

Vampire Diaries 2.19 "Klaus"

*spoilers*

Here's where I make a few confessions. I don't care for flashback episodes of TVD. In general, I giggle at the clothes instead of enjoying them. I giggle at the accents. And the hair. Oh, the hair. I also don't tend to enjoy overly-talkie episodes. Like this one, where everyone talks endlessly about Klaus, his past, and how to kill him.

So really, what I'm saying is that I didn't enjoy this episode the way that a lot of people seemed to. But those people like flashbacks and mythology moments. I found it to be pretty meh, but obviously, it sets up some great action to come for the rest of the season.

Things I did like:
  • The Salvatore Brother showdown over Damon's feeling for Elena and their differing approaches to saving Elena.
  • I like that Jenna knows about vampires now. Curious to see how that plays out.
  • I like that Elena was so adamant about having a plan to save herself and that Stefan recognized her right to call the shots, even if he wanted to do it differently. 
  • I like that we saw Damon unravel a little bit. I don't always like Damon, but I'm nearly always fascinated by him.
This is a short entry, because I really just have such ambivalent feelings about the episode. For the most part, I shrugged off the major revelations. The fact that Klaus and Elijah are brothers didn't surprise me, but I didn't really expect the whole Klaus-is-a-werevamp thing. I just happen to have no strong feelings on the new mythology for the moment. Here's hoping I regain my enthusiasm next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment